Thursday, February 19, 2009

Style Schizophrenia

The hairy Coven sweater that I'm obsessed with finally came in to the showroom.  I immediately threw it on with a Coven belt, and paired it with my DIY Rodarte dress (full DIY report to come) and leggings, and my Rachel Comey boots.  Coincidentally, a day later Rodarte showed their real Fall 2009 collection, which was full of shaggy, hairy jackets like this Coven one.

So what's the best part of working super long days and 12-day weeks at the showroom during Market Week (all in addition to our grueling nightlife schedule)?  Getting to play dress up in all of the showroom designer's Fall 2009 collections!  This season, all of the designers at Fiftytwo have such unique voices and different perspectives, each demanding their fair share of attention.  For someone with a serious case of A.D.D. like myself, it's a perfect time for experimentation, and to play at mixing and matching styles from the showroom with my own clothes.  Here's some of the outfits I've been wearing at work over the past insane week.  Some pieces have pretty much been attached to me from day one, but otherwise market week has involved a major case of style schizophrenia.  Once again, sorry the pictures are so crappy---work isn't the best place to have a personal photoshoot, believe it or not...

First day of market, trying on all of the accessory lines that I represent! Devaki fur felt hat, Sunday's Best rope necklace and bracelet, and Rue rings from the showroom, paired with my Balenciaga vest, Topshop Unique top, and Zara pants.

Camilla Norrback cashmere owl sweater and folliage leggings (they're a bit baggy on me!), Rue raw copper branch necklace, and Devaki felt hat from the showroom, with my Joseph leather skirt and Rachel Comey boots.

This multi-colored sequined Raasta dress is one of my favorite pieces right now.  I wore it with a Sunday's Best reversible rope necklace and woven bangle bracelet from the showroom, and my own Burberry booties and American Apparel tights.

Sunday's Best silver bangle and Rue rings from the showroom, worn with my Chloe Sevigny for Opening Ceremony dress, Topshop fringed jacket, Chanel boots, Wolford tights, and necklaces of my own design.

Raasta day.  This line is crazy and  somewhat intimidating looking on the hangers, which naturally means it's one of my favorite lines to play with in the showroom.  I'm totally in love with these see-through trews (so Susie Bubble), which I'm definitely placing a personal order for.  Raasta multi-pleat silk dress and silk pants, Devaki hat, Sunday's Best rope necklace and bracelet, all from the showroom, worn with my own Vivienne Westwood for Melissa flats.

This floppy hat is seriously my new obsession, and I wore it again today with a Kaylee Tankus jacket, Lerario Beatriz dip-dye scarf, and EM rings from the showroom, with my own Thakoon for Target sweater, Chloe Sevigny for Opening Ceremony dress, American Apparel tights, and Rachel Comey boots.  
-Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment