Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Friends and Family

Miu Miu bowling bag, Fifth Avenue Shoe Repair coat, Balenciaga knit top, Zara pants, Chanel boots, giant silver necklace designed by my Mom in the 70's, vintage belt on loan from Screaming Mimi's.

I've been holding out on getting a nice bag for a long time, so when 66S bestie and personal shopper Justin offered to let us in on his Miu Miu 75% off Friends and Family discount, I knew it was an opportunity that couldn't be missed. Bags almost never go down 75%, especially not Miu Miu bags, so I hustled up to midtown on Friday afternoon as quick as possible. Even though I arrived shortly after the sale started, half of the stock was already gone.  Luckily,  I had Justin on my side, and he brought me to the private fitting room, sat me down, and handpicked the best of what was left for me. I immediately pounced on the last of the coated cotton bowling bags, which was reduced from $995 to a much more palatable $250. I was less sure about the assortment of cartoony floral collars, crochet fur monsters scarves, and generally strange accessories that J-town paraded out (I assume he was trying to cater to my eclectic tastes?) but practically swooned when I saw the very editorial metal stone bracelet. Reduced from $300 to $73, it was a new friend that I had to bring home with me. Of course, nothing could make me more grateful for the friends that I already have. Love you Justin...

Miu Miu metal stone bracelet.
-Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment