Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Everything E.M.

Gold-plate and sterling silver gem encrusted balls from E.M.'s main women's jewelry line.

Yesterday, I wrapped up my final day of trade shows, working the E.M. jewelry booth all weekend at Designers & Agents. While the show is more like your run-of-the-mill tradeshow, and not nearly as cool as Rendez-Vous, I still managed to bump into a few familiar faces, get a nice introduction to the new jewels that I will be representing, and play with the sweetest, cutest baby I've ever seen in my life. Plus, they ply you with free food and booze starting at four, which makes time go by faster, as well as ensuring that if you are an unabashed glutton like myself, you will gain a couple of pounds by the end of the show.

I have to admit, before the line arrived, I was a little nervous taking on a fourth jewelry line. I am really lucky to represent three strong, young jewelry lines that each are incredibly unique styles: Kiel Mead, Sunday's Best, and Rue. E.M. is based out of Tokyo, and has been around for about 14 years, in which the company has grown into seven different lines, including the main women's line, E.M., the men's line, E.M. noir (represented by the handsome boys over at the Mexico Showroom), and their children's line, Tiptoe (which I will also represent). They are very well established in Japan, and their linesheet is the size of a small encyclopedia.  While they don't fall into the category of fine jewelry, they are definitely on the high end of fashion jewelry, and everything is made from sterling silver, goldplate, and semi-precious stones.  It is definitely the most expensive line that I represent, but I love the design diversity of the entire company, which ranges from kitchy plastic baubles in neon colors, to massive Vivienne Westwood style silver rings.  There's definitely something for everybody at E.M., and I'm pretty excited to have them at Fiftytwo for the season.  Now I just have to decide what I want to order for myself, and I already walked away from the tradeshow with an armor-style earlobe cuff from E.M. noir...

Some of my favorite rings from the E.M. noir collection, which I sadly won't be representing.  I fell in love with their version of the armor ring, and all of those gigantic jewel encrusted seals, which unfortunately don't come in women's sizes...

Sterling silver stack rings, dripping with cubic zirconia gems.

These plastic pig rings are somewhat hilarious, yet slightly satanic, and definitely have a Lord of The Flies feel to them, especially the one with the fly on its ass.  If I end up ordering one, I'll get the black one with the fly, and wear it upside down.

I wore the chain mail ring, made of 50 strands of silver chain, and this stack of mixed silver and gold rings from Mehem, E.M.'s unisex jewelry line, all day long.

Miyobi, the designer's 11 month old daughter.  I'm going to miss this little chunkster!
-Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment