Sunday, February 8, 2009

I Capture The Castle

Six Six Sick ribbon embellished trapeze top, Viktor & Rolf for H&M pencil skirt, Chanel shoes, pearl necklaces from the district, Gerard Yosca bracelets, generic white tights.

Christina always jokes that I'm her Fairy Princess, because of my secret love for ruffles, frills, ribbons, floral prints, lingerie as outerwear, every shade of pink imaginable, and all manners of embarrassing frou-frou-ness.  I actually got a lot of it out of my system after our internship at Anna Sui, where I O.D.'d on in-your-face-uber-femininity, but of course the urge sometimes resurfaces, and sometimes I find myself surfing over to some French blogs for girly indulgences and inspiration.  Anyway, seeing as V-day is on it's way, yesterday was a perfect excuse for unleashing our inner Disney Princess, especially since we were hosting the aptly named party, Castle, and we wore our 66Sick ribbon top layered with tons of pearls for the occasion.

Castle is part of the Mr. Black party at Rebel, which is one of the biggest gay parties in New York, and takes place every Saturday night.  It unites every gay man in Manhattan under one roof, and last time we hosted, we saw both Marc Jacobs and Jack from Proenza Schouler, who both are amongst the long long list of regulars.  The best part about Castle is getting to hang out with three of our favorite DJs of all time: Michael Magnan, Telfar (who will be showing his Fall 09 collection on Friday!), and Kingdom (check out his new album, which is available at Opening Ceremony).  I've also noticed that a lot more straight women are coming out to Mr. Black now.  Before, we used to be practically the only girls in the entire three story space, but last night it was almost 15% ladies.  I guess word got out that there's a place that you can go and dance like a maniac and not worry about being harassed or groped by assorted douchebags...


-Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment