Sunday, February 1, 2009

Nom De Guerre

There seems to be a lot of men on the blog lately, but here is a little more for the boys. I spent all last weekend assisting Nom De Guerre's Fall Winter Look Book. I once thought of the line as a skater street wear brand but the line has evolved in to an amazing menswear line with that has everything from suiting to denim. They draw most of their inspiration for WWII military garb with lots of layers and texture, but still have stream lined features. This seasons coats and jackets were made of a rubberized canvas, based on the Protective gear worn by Eastern European military officers. This could be the influence of Holly's (NDG Creative Director) relocation to Berlin. Every shoot she brings back the most amazing military binoculars, boots, goggles, bandoleers, hats etc. to use as styling props for the shoot.
Unfortunately my camera broke during the shoot so, I don't have very many photos, but I will update you when the actual look book comes out. I was working 12 hour days for them, but I didn't mind because I got to work with amazing creative people and during our down time I got to chat with them about all of their other projects that I am excited to share with you all in the future.



I love the racially ambiguous model casting.
Here is Holly adding a bandoleer to this military jacket. Those Bullets were huge!! Can you imagine...!

These are some shots from last season.

And yes, half of the job is dressing male models, but I have taught myself not to blush!
-C

No comments:

Post a Comment