Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Altuzarra Fall 2009

One of my favorite looks from the entire collection, a silver dress paired with over-the knee fur trimmed boots!

Monday evening, my good friend Joseph Altuzarra (who I already wrote about) had his first official fashion show, presenting his Fall 2009 collection of immaculately constructed and ruched womenswear, accompanied by some to-die-for over the knee boots, part of his collaboration with shoe designer Gianvito Rossi. While last season he kept his presentation low-key, skipping a show, and only taking appointments to view the collection, this season's show, though maintaining the same intimate atmosphere, had an audience full of boldfaced names. Mother and daughter Roitfeld, lookbook model Vanessa Traina, Barney's Julie Gilhart, and fellow up-and-comer Julian Louie, were all in the audience. I watched the show with the Papermag’s Mickey Boardman, who joked that I should skin a couple of kittens and DIY myself a pair of those thigh-high beauties with tufts of fur on the front. If only Joseph's work was DIY-able (not that I'm planning on killing any kittens!). Even though we love a good DIY challenge, I know Joseph and his work well enough by now to recognize that his designs are constructed with couture finishing, and almost impossible to reproduce without the highest degree of tailoring skill. You can already see the entire collection up on style.com, but here are some of my favorite looks.









-Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment