Monday, November 1, 2010

Chinese Knots

Bag courtesy of Katherine Kwei, vintage Gunne Sax dress from eBay that I altered, Carin Wester denim jacket, Dieppa Restrepo brogues, Swash scarf, Charles Anastase sunglasses, Tsumori Chisato tights, Devaki hat, Arms and Armory necklace, Triskaidekaphobia ring.

Earlier last week, I had the pleasure of stopping by Katherine Kwei's gorgeous downtown apartment/studio space to preview her Spring collection with a bunch of other New York bloggers. We were treated to drinks, dim sum from Chinatown Brasserie, Chinese knot tying lessons, and hugs from the cutest and fluffiest white dog who stole our snacks, but gave back his undying love. The whole experience made me feel like an age-inappropriate extra at a Gossip Girl shoot (you know, the scenes where they're all hanging out at an uber-posh party at someones apartment), a show where Katherine's bags have coincidentally made recent appearances. I barely knew any of the other bloggers there, but luckily I ran into the lovely Elizabeth (a.k.a. Ms. White Lightning), and we may or may not have spent most of the evening being gossipy girls ourselves. We had our photo taken together at the photobooth that Nicky Digital had set up, but Elizabeth didn't like it, so I won't post it. I will however post a link to the photos (which seems fair). At the end of the night, we all got to take home one of Katherine's signature "Donna" sling bags, which I've been wearing all week.

A close up of the "Donna" sling bag from Katherine Kwei, and my Triskaidekaphobia buckle ring.

Elizabeth with the bag of her choice, "Kate" mini

The "Isabel" bags, which are covered in Katherine Kwei's signature Chinese knots

More bags from the very seventies-feeling "Kate" group

The "Lulu" bags, which are the newest group in the line, which was inspired by the 60's

The Chinese knot-tying instructions, which are not as easy as they look!

The finished result of my knot-tying and DIY bag-charm making lesson. I'm happy to say that my jewelry making skills came in handy and I knocked out this bag charm in five minutes flat.
-Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment