Thursday, November 4, 2010

Everything Ying

My new obsession: the Recession Jacket, which can be worn long, or flipped upside-down and worn with a giant shawl-collar.

After hearing every single one of my friends raving about Ying Chu's new collection, I knew I had to take the time to visit his home studio and see everything myself. Ying has been sewing up a storm, and I'm happy to say I wasn't the least bit disappointed. While his oversize jersey tees and drapey dresses are easy pieces that flatter every figure, the real stand-outs are the coats and cardigans, which are all designed to be worn right-side up, and upside-down. They're not only incredibly chic and versatile, but are also pretty warm. Plus, they're oversized enough to squeeze in plenty of layers underneath! I'm personally saving up for the wool Recession coat. Here are some of my other favorites, and if you're in New York, watch this space, we'll be throwing a party for Ying's new collection in the next few weeks!

Another of my favorites, the buffalo plaid cardigan, which can also be worn upside-down. Worn with the Ying Chu peach tank dress, American Apparel tee, Dieppa Restrepo brogues, H&M tights, Forever 21 headband and Triskaidekaphobia tooth necklace.

Another shot with the shawl up

Ying, with two of his hoodies

Another favorite: the sheer back racer tee and paneled leggings. Ying's bestie/roomate Hiraku modeled all the clothes for the lookbook!

An oversized dual-colored tee

The short wool coat, which can also be worn upside down.

Ying's sketches

I had to include a shot of Ying's bedroom, which has the most gorgeous exposed brick walls and incredible built-in fireplace.
-Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment