Friday, July 24, 2009

Paper <3s Housing Works

Alexis standing in front of a rack of her editorial picks at the Paper Magazine party at Housing Works

When I heard that my friend Alexis was putting together an event for the Housing Works shop around the corner from my apartment, I knew I had to stop by. Alexis is the Associate Editor of Paper Magazine, one of my all-time favorite reads, and she and her fellow editors took a trip out to the Housing Works warehouse in Queens to dig through the piles of donated goods and pick out racks of their favorite finds. For those of you who don't know, Housing Works is one of the best charity thrift shops in New York: all proceeds going to homeless men, women, and children living with HIV and AIDS. While the event was only one night, all the Paper Editor picks are still up in the store, and many of them are available online at their webshop, which also hosts auctions featuring their best donations. Definitely stop by, you'll feel guiltless about what you spend, knowing that everything goes to a worthy cause.

My friend Jon picked up this adorable blazer for just $10!

I wore the Alexander Wang dress I picked up at the sample sale a couple weeks ago, with Topshop heels and a Gerard Yosca necklace
-Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment