Monday, July 27, 2009

G.I. Joe/ Ghostbusters

Last Week I assisted Holly and Isa on another shoot for Nom De Guerre. As usual, they were stocked with amazing military accessories and I was inspired by their selection of cords and epaulets. I have always been a fan of Nom De Guerre because they make guys look fashionable with out making them look like a pansy haha. This season we shot at an abandoned police precinct all they way in Spanish Harlem. The decrepit precinct was now being used as a storage space for a near by elementary school and looked like something out of Silent Hill! The photographers for the shoot told us they they had shot A list models at the space and were always surprised about their lack of complaints. On our last day of shooting, I was getting ready for another day of steaming, when I noticed that there was a headless pigeon in the middle of our set up! The building manager told us that it must have been the work of a stray cat, but I am sticking with my theory of pigeon eating poltergeists!




These are two tone military boots painted cream


Epaulets


Sorry if you are squeamish, but this was too unbelievable not to include. I tell no lies!

This is what most of the building looked like. I explored a bit, but there was no electricity ,so I was way too chicken to go down to the basement and get shots of the jail cells.

-C

No comments:

Post a Comment