Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Just Jus

Diana Orving asymmetrical top, Burfitt high-waisted skirt, Proenza Schouler heels, Charles Anastase sunglasses, Antti Asplund necklaces, Topshop headband.

One of my top priorities while I was in Stockholm was to stop by all of my favorite stores. Jus (Brunnsgatan 7) stocks most of the best young Swedish designers, including Burfitt, Ann-Sofie Back, Pour, Diana Orving, and the Local Firm, in addition to avant-garde staples like Rick Owens, CDG, and Maison Martin Margiela. It's definitely a must when visiting Stockholm, and they have some of the friendliest sales staff in the city---Henrik entertained Jimmy with coffee while I shopped at my leisure.

I was lucky enough to arrive in the midst of a 50% off sale, and immediately picked out an asymmetrical silk Diana Orving top with the most amazing black and white swirly print. If you look closely, there are windows, doors, and tiny architectural motifs hidden in the spiralling pattern. Unfortunately, later that evening Jimmy dropped a lit cigarette into my shopping bag, burning a tiny hole in my shirt (another reason why smoking kills, kids), which left me less than thrilled, but it actually doesn't show, so I guess I'll have to live with it! I only wish that I could have gotten to see the Jus showroom, which represents most of the designers that are carried in the store, in addition to another of my favorite Swedish labels, Nakkna. Maybe next time?

A close up of the print, with pictures of windows and doors hidden in it.

A Diana Orving dress and scarf, and some Melissa sandals

A display of Burfitt's sassy tees

The women's section of the store

The men's section also holds an excellent selection of designers
-Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment