Thursday, July 23, 2009

Mary, Mary

My favorite tee, a cropped top with a pair of messed up looking tangrams in red and white

I honestly don't know why I don't own a single piece of Mary Meyer clothing yet. Everything in her collection is effortlessly cool, super-wearable, and most of it rings in for under $150. Her collection was one of thew few women's wear lines to be shown at Capsule, and I was immediately drawn to the primitive looking designs and symbols that are silkscreen printed onto almost all of her garments. These are the kind of clothes that I can see myself wearing around everyday, without feeling sloppy. Hop on over to her webshop, or OAK, where Spring 09 is on sale, for about the same price as the stuff on Etsy. Best part is that your boyfriend can wear most of these looks too, since many of the designs are unisex---our friend Jackson Pollis even modeled for the lookbook!

EDIT: Amanda tipped me off to the sample sale that Mary Meyers is having this Saturday, July 25, from 2 to 8 p.m. at 484 Union Avenue, (at Meeker Avenue); Brooklyn, I'm definitely stopping by!

A tank dress with an arrow print

This tee looks like it spells out some secret code

This flouncy dress is given a little edge with another arrow-like print

I love this scarf, which looks like it has tally marks scrawled on it
-Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment