Saturday, July 11, 2009

The Drums Forever

For the past few months, Christina and I have felt like we've lost one of our best friend (and former 66S go-go dancer) Jon Pierce. He quit his job at Y-3 and moved down to Florida to concentrate on making music with our friend Jacob, and spent what felt like an eternity getting their band, The Drums, into shape. Now both Jon and Jacob are back in New York, but we still barely ever get to see them between their endless rotation of performances, interviews, photoshoots, meetings with record labels, etc. I might be annoyed if I didn't think the results were so spectacular: endlessly catchy surf-rock performed by some of the cutest boys (and backup ladies) in New York. Jimmy and I have been listening to them on repeat for the past month, and we finally got to see them perform on Thursday night as part of the Jezebel Music showcase. They're doing a ton of shows for the rest of the summer, and I highly suggest you go see them before they get huge and all of their shows are sold out (it's already happening). They'll be doing a show at Webster Hall tomorrow, and I will probably try to stop by after our Urban Outfitters event. In the meantime, you can listen and download some of their music on Brooklyn Vegan and RCRDLBL. I love you Jon!

Jacob and Jon photographed by our friend Dom





-Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment