Wednesday, July 8, 2009

DIY or DIE Contest Winners!

Thanks for everyone who entered our contest to attend the DIY event we are doing with Urban Outfitters this Sunday.

Our first winner is Jessica from the blog What I Wore, which features plenty of DIY projects. Here's her favorite, a top that she made out of an old vintage dress:

"On my last trip home, I was on a mission to take something found (thrifted) and turn it into something new and modern. This beautiful paisley top is the result! I used an 80s dress as my fabric."



Our second winner is Jenni from Daily Work It, who made this Givenchy-esque grommet tank. Here are the instructions on how to make her tank:
Here is how embellished the tank I wore last Sunday:

1.Start with a plain black tank or Tshirt (Hanes undershirts come in packs of 4 in case you need to practice), and a grommet kit. I found this one at Lee’s Art Shop, or you can get it online here or for cheaper here.

2. The kit include a cutting device, but it does not really work on cotton, so I just cut a small slit with a scissors and inserted the grommet base.

3. Place the washer on the top and using the grommeter, hammer into place (back of kit gives detailed instructions).

4. Space evenly around the collar, and you are ready to wear it out!

Shirt: Pack of Four $11
Grommet kit: $10

See you guys on Sunday!
-Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment