Sunday, May 10, 2009

Chain Gang

Jeffrey Campbell chain heels from Solestruck.com, Sass and Bide dress, Kate Moss for Topshop leather jacket, silver necklace designed by my mom, Iosseliani ring.

Okay, I have to admit, when Solestruck offered me a free pair of shoes, these chain heels weren't my first choice.  I was actually lusting after the other Jeffrey Campbell heels, inspired by Balmain's gem and stud adorned number.  Of course I wasn't the only one to take notice of them, and apparently they sold out within minutes, and already have a 400+ online waiting list, which means that giving them out for free to bloggers isn't exactly a top priority.  I love those shoes so much I might even end up getting on the absurd waiting list as a paying customer, but in the meantime, I chose the next best pair of JC's, a pair of strappy sandals trimmed with three different kinds of criss-crossing chain and rhinestones.

Honestly, I didn't know what to expect, considering that the shoe straps appear slightly chunky online, but once they arrived I knew I had made a good choice.  Not only do they fit perfectly, but they're the most comfortable pair of heels that I've ever slipped my gnarly feet into (I'm sparing you a close up of my unpedicured toes for a reason).  So comfortable, in fact, that when I met Ty from Jeffrey Campbell at the Intermezzo trade show last week, I couldn't help but rave about how I hadn't taken them off since they came out of the box.  He compared them to "tranny slippers," which I couldn't agree more with, and told me that they can barely keep any of their studded shoes in stock on Solestruck (I got the last pair of these in my size!).  Anyway, they're definitely my new go-to party shoes, and when I wore them out last night to TriBeCa Grand, they felt like a pair of fancy sneakers on the dancefloor.  I could use a couple more shoes like this in my life.  Thank you Solestruck...

The most comfortable heels I've ever worn.
-Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment