Thursday, May 7, 2009

Bulletproof

New bullet and spike bracelets from Monique of Frou Flu! Topshop Boutique dress, CK tights, YSL tribute boots, DIY Givenchy necklace, studded cuff from St. Mark's, Devaki hat.

When I commented on impeccably dressed Monique's bullet and spiked bracelets on her blog Flou Flou, I had no idea that she would offer to send them to me.  I had first seen the spikey number on Bryanboy's blog, where he bragged about getting them in the Philippines for around $2.  I was in lust with the spikes at first sight, but I don't live in the Philippines and unbelievably, I have yet to see anything even closely approximate to the bracelet in my almost daily jaunts through the jewelry wholesale district of New York.  When Monique showed off her own spikes, in addition to a plastic bullet bracelets she got from the same Manila boutique, Firma, I was just plain envious.  Sweet Monique offered to mail me the spikes and the bullets, and I couldn't resist the offer.  Little did I know that the bracelets would be sold out at the store, and that she would send me her very own, politely claiming that she doesn't wear them anymore!  I feel so incredibly guilty for taking her bracelets, it's really a case of "you shouldn't have!" but I love them dearly and promise to wear them until they fall apart.  I even took them out in the pouring rain last night to our gig at Kiss and Fly, and wore them with my new Jil Sander-inspired dress from Topshop Boutique.  Monique, if you ever, ever want anything from New York, all you have to do is let me know, and maybe one day I will see you in Manila!


-Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment