Saturday, May 16, 2009

Walk On...


I was devastated when I found out on Wednesday that one of my favorite bloggers, Erika Ascot, had passed away.  Although Erika's blog, Black Ascot, is written entirely in Swedish, most of which I barely understand, I immediately fell in love with her haunting Francesca Woodman styled self-portraits.  We never met, and we only read each other's blogs, but sometimes you feel an inexplicable connection to those whose lives are laid bare before you, and who you feel you have a lot in common with.  Rather than prattling on any longer, I thought I would share with you some of her incredible photographs.  Her parents are also accepting friend requests on her Facebook Page.  Walk on, Erika.

EDIT: Erika was actually a fictionalized character.  However, like any well realized character in a novel or a play, to many of her blog readers, myself included, Erika was very real.  
At least as real as Heathcliff and Mr. Darcy, or any other literary creation that I've fallen in love with.  






-Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment