Monday, April 6, 2009

Undercover

Fifth Avenue Shoe Repair dress layered over a silk chiffon dress my friend Gabby made me as a gift, and a black crinoline from Screaming Mimi's, DIY Gareth Pugh boots, Devaki hat, CK tights, and Antti Asplund cross necklaces.

Our Saturday night party at TriBeCa Grand has been going on for less than two months now, but already it's been packed almost every night, and we've seen the likes of both Bjork and Rad Hourani wandering around.  Still, every good party wouldn't be complete without all the people that you don't want to see, like the hanger-ons who trick-or-treat themselves from table to table, pretending to know you while trying to steal your booze, or the guy with the tribal tattoo who thinks that Christina and I are in love with him (as Cher Horowitz would say, "AS IF").   Sometimes you just don't want to be seen at all.  After spending the night watching Barbara i Gongini's Fall 09 fashion show on repeat, I felt inspired by her voluminous tent-shaped silhouettes, and decided to put on a fashion-fat suit of sorts.  I piled on the layers, which added plenty of mass while obscuring most of what was underneath, and then topped it off with my floppy hat, perfect for hiding my face when I needed too.  It worked.  While all of the fabric made me look as ponderous as a house, all I had to do was pull down the brim of my hat whenever someone I didn't want to see would pass by to avoid disturbance.  In fact, Mr. Tribal Tattoo managed to circle the table no less than three times without managing to spot us.  Who knew going undercover was so easy?

-Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment