Tuesday, April 14, 2009

When I Grow Up I Want To Look Like This


When I Grow Up from Fever Ray on Vimeo.

Ok, so I normally don't like to repost stories that I see on other people's blogs (I think it's laaaazy), but when I saw theses images from the Fever Ray video that Luce posted on Ink, I thought they were too beautiful not to share with everybody. In all honesty, Jimmy has been playing the new Fever Ray album on repeat for the past month, and I still haven't been able to get into it. While I think the songs are haunting and beautiful, Karin Dreijer Andersson's solo work just hasn't entranced me in the same way that The Knife does every single time I listen to them.  Nevertheless, Karin maintains the strong aesthetic vision set forward by The Knife,and  when I saw these images from the video for When I Grow Up, I was pretty blown away.  In particular, I can't get over Karin's outfit, which looks like a cross between Rodarte Fall 2008, and Ann-Sofie Back's Fall 2009 Exorcist inspired collection.  Today Christina and I were actually walking around the district looking for parts to make our own DIY dreamweaver skirts, inspired by Ms. Back, but maybe this is a better source of inspiration?  I don't know who designed this, or if it's just a costume piece made for Karin, but it's pretty incredible.  Watch the video!


Music video stills from When I Grow Up, courtesy of Ink.

Ann-Sofie Back Fall 09 from her website.

Rodarte Fall 08 from nymag.com.

-Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment