Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Lady Sovereign Live at TriBeCa Grand!


Lady Sovereign's video for her new single, So Human, featuring Fred Butler's accessories.

It's been a little while since I've heard anything about Lady Sovereign, after her widely hyped debut in 2005, which I best remember for a rap about hoodies.  In the past few years, she's apparently traded in her signature tracksuit for rainbow streaked hair, and a more London club-kid styled wardrobe, and in the video for her latest single, So Human, we even see her wearing some hard-to-miss Fred Butler jewelry.  While I have to say, it's a little strange to see the grime-girl goes hipster transformation (made complete by a sample of The Cure), I can't deny that I'm excited to have her perform live at our party at TriBeCa Grand this Saturday, where we'll be celebrating the release of her new album, Jigsaw.  As always, it's going to be crazy (but hopefully not as out of control as the MSTRKRFT DJ set we had last Friday---not a fan of seeing the Fire Department at my parties), so make sure to RSVP, and say our name at the door for free entry!

-Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment