Friday, April 3, 2009

Topshop's In Town


Yesterday, against my better judgement, and my husband's wishes, I gathered with thousands of others to wait in line and get the first peek at New York's long-awaited Topshop.  Although waiting in line is never fun, it was made a little bit more tolerable by the free heart-shaped linzer cookies and coffee that they were handing out in line, as well as getting to snatch a glimpse of the paparazzi-swarmed Kate Moss as she dashed out the back door and into her black cab.  Naturally, I bumped into plenty of people there, including Nicky Digital, who was shooting the scene, and who snapped a couple of pictures of me.  Best yet, I had several adorable staffers tell me they read the blog, and even got to meet the lovely Jessie from Burn These Bones.  Jessie always blurs out her face in photos, so it was an extra treat to have her introduce herself to me, since I've been reading her blog for a while, and have always wondered who she was.

The trip was definitely worth it, and after almost 2 hours inside the store (I had to hand examine every single garment, you know), I ended up leaving with a trench coat, which I've been looking for for a while, and a pair of the angular Unique heels, which I've seen across the blogs, and have been wanting for a very long time.  The shoe section in itself was by far the most tempting, and I was very disappointed to find that they didn't have the Emma Cook ruffled zipper heels, nor the infamous Emma Cook boots in my size.  Needless to say, it lived up to all the hype and expectation, and I'm so happy that now we New Yorkers get to add this to our list of mainstays, and I get to cross this off the list of things that make me jealous of my European friends.  Now they just have to build a Monki store (and a branch of Laduree would be nice too, now that I think of it), and I'll be set.

Waiting in line!  Vintage I. Magnin wool coat and vintage floral blouse, hand-me down from my Aunt, Tocca skirt from Mrs. Shiah, vintage Pierre Cardin scarf from my Mom, Marc x Marc Jacobs flats, American Apparel tights, Erin Featherston x Target giant heart bag, H&M belt, Gerard Yosca mirror broach, and pearls from the district.

The Topshop Unique shoes with an angular metal heel.  It came in black, blue and grey, but I chose this perfect shade of violet.

After setting fire to my last trench coat in an unfortunate incident at Le Royale (it now has a glaring quarter-sized burn hole through it), I've been on the hunt for a new trench to get me through spring.  I was extra excited to find this one yesterday.
-Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment