Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Thank You Selima!

Selima Bon-Bon hat!

Last week, I wrote about Bond 07 new hat salon, full of covetable custom made couture hats, all of which I would happily add to my collection were I not completely bankrupt.  Lucky for me, the lovely people at Selima were sweet enough to give me this Bon-Bon fascinator hat.  Recently, I haven't been able to leave the house without having some form of headgear attached to my head, whether it's an Alice band or a floppy brimmed hat.  I am so happy with this addition to my collection, and wore it out yesterday to run errands in the district with Christina.  I think one of the most fascinating things about hats are how they are made, since millinery techniques seem so complex and obscure, and beyond my understanding.  Just looking at all the tiny hand stitched details sets me in awe of the patience I have never possessed.  One day, I promise myself, I will learn how to make hats!  In the meantime though, thank you Selima, this hat will be in heavy rotation for spring!

Selima Bon-Bon hat, vintage Chanel jacket, Stella McCartney Red Nose Day tee, Burfitt denim skirt, Topshop tights, YSL Tribute boots, Gerard Yosca necklace, Iosselliani ring.

No comments:

Post a Comment