Thursday, April 23, 2009

Melodies and Desires


Lykke Li's video for Breaking It Up is a must watch before going out.

It's not a secret that I'm a huge fan of Swedish singer Lykke Li, so when I saw these scans from Swedish Elle on The Fashion Squad, I knew I had to share them.  Not only does she have an incredible sense of style, but she has the talent and on stage personality to match it.  While so-called it-girls throw faux rockstar poses, Lykke is the real thing.  I've been obsessed with Lykke's incredibly catchy songs since last year's release of her first album, Youth Novels, which was produced by Peter Yttling of Peter Bjorn and John.   What I find incredibly ironic is that before Youth Novels, Lykke spent a year in New York playing as a singer songwriter, hoping to get a record deal here.  Somehow it never happened, but luckily, when she got back to Stockholm, she teamed up with Peter, and now has become somewhat of a sensation in Sweden.  I always love those stories about people who initially encounter rejection, only to triumph in the end---I bet all those people who saw her and didn't sign her in New York are regretting it now.  Anyway, check out these pictures of her, and also make sure to watch some of the videos---you can bet that I will be playing her tonight at MAIN MAN (we're DJing again this week)!!!





My latest favorite song of Lykke's, her cover of The Kings of Leon song, Knocked Up.

-Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment