Monday, June 1, 2009

Seeing Stars


I've always been somewhat of a lingerie fanatic. For special occasions (ha), I have a drawer stocked with plenty of froth and frill-adorned Damaris and Agent Provocateur, and recently I've become a big fan of the pretty, but more pared-down designs of VPL and Araks, which are perfect for lounging around in. That's why I can't believe I've been missing out on The Lake & Stars for so long, when it strikes the perfect balance between the uber-sultriness and femme details of the first two lines, with the tomboyish comfort and ease of the second two lines (underwire, begone). Based in Brooklyn, and designed by Nikki Dekker and Maayan Zilberman, the line was named after a Victorian euphanism for a women's prowess in the bedroom. Although I can hardly imagine the staid gentlemen of yore whispering pruriently of "the lake and stars," it makes for a pretty name that is certainly appropriate for the lingerie, which is almost too beautiful to keep in the bedroom. Here are some of my favorite pieces from current and previous seasons, most of which are available on Shopbop.





-Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment