Tuesday, June 2, 2009

New Things

Mini boater hat, $12 from H&M.  I love this silly little knock-off of the Marc Jacobs Spring 09 squashed straw hat.  The real version is currently on sale at the MJ store for around $100, which was really tempting, but two seconds after I tried it on, the elastic band that secures it to your head snapped off.  Maybe I just have a really huge head, but I think this means it's a bad investment.

I finally got my new Canon Rebel Xsi in the mail today, and have been spending the entire afternoon trying to read the dense instruction manuals etc. I have a ridiculously short attention span though, so instead of getting through it all, I thought I would play around with taking some test pictures around my apartment of a couple of new things I bought this week.  Naturally, Christina bought most of the same things, so you'll probably see them incorporated into our 66S outfits in the future.  Speaking of which, you can expect a lot more quality outfit shots, now that I have my new camera.  It's going to take a few weeks to figure out all the functions, but I'm already totally impressed with how much better it is than my crappy (now broken) point and shoot. If anyone has any suggestions, or camera tips/tricks, please share!


I picked up this VPL bra and underwear set at the sample sale last week.  I just love the flash of neon pink, not to mention the fact that it's super comfortable.  Christina and I are planning on wearing the top to Six Six Sick tonight.

I picked up this Clu patchwork tank at The News sample sale this weekend for $10. I was mainly buying presents for other people, but it was so cheap I couldn't resist.

This braided hair band from Topshop would be super easy to DIY, but I had to have it immediately so I shelled out $20 (not cheap) for it anyway.  My husband saw me wearing it and thought I had a cute new hairstyle, but completely freaked out and wouldn't talk to me when he found out it was fake.  Christina got the same one in blond!
-Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment