Saturday, June 6, 2009

Rei For A Day

Left, Rei Kawakubo's original portrait. Right Cyril Duval's "Rei of Light."

Just a quick note as I'm off for a busy evening: best friend's bachelor party, brother's Birthday, perhaps the Casey Jex Smith opening, and then my own party at TriBeCa Grand.  Anyway, this image of artist Cyril Duval (a.k.a. Item Idem) dressed as Rei Kawakubo appeared on The Moment blog earlier, and I couldn't help but share.  The mimicry is pretty spot on, and makes me think, why don't we try this look one night?   While I wouldn't want to brave that blunt cut Kawakubo bob permanently, I wouldn't mind giving it a spin for the night, perhaps with the aid of a nicely chopped up wig?  I would hope that we would at least look half as decent as Mr. Duval
-Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment