Friday, January 23, 2009

Rodarte's Anti-IT Bag


Yesterday, Nicollette gave me a very belated Christmas present, an eco-tote bag bearing an original Rodarte fashion illustration on it, that she bought when she was working at the Paper Magazine 24 hour store in L.A. last fall.  Apparently Rodarte was one of the many supercool vendors to partake in this very special retail events, but instead of selling their pricey pieces, they set up a booth that exclusively sold these shopping totes, each with a different sketch on it.  Nicollette snapped up one for herself, one for Christina, and one for me, each bearing a girl who most resembled our individual styles.  My lady naturally sports a hot pink, one-shouldered flouncing number with an exposed bra.  My Rodarte obsession probably can't get any worse at this point, but this is probably the closest I will get to owning an actual Rodarte rather than spending hours making my DIY craftacular versions.  And since Rodarte haven't launched any proper bag line, this little number is kind of a DIY one-off of their own, an Anti-IT bag if you will...Material wise it might be the antithesis of a luxury leather handbag.  Still it remains extremely rare, and bears the clear personal touch of the designer, and that's what matters the most to me.
-Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment