Thursday, January 8, 2009

Prada + Graphic Novel = James Jean

You may recognize his work from Prada's Spring show, But James Jean Has produced illustrations for Target, Time, Rolling Stone and is the cover artist for the graphic Novel Fables.
I purchased a pair of booties from Prada's spring collection, and when they gave them to me in a James Jean Illustrated box, I must say I might have been almost equally excited about the packaging as I was for my new shoes! Plus, James (my BF) is a Fables reader, so even he took notice of the collection. Thus, melding our loves of fashion and graphic novels (comics).
Anyways, I am very excited to say that he is making his "fine art" premier entitled "Kindling" this sat. in NYC!
Here is the info-

Kindling by James Jean: Jan 10th – Feb 7th
Opening Reception: Saturday, Jan 10th 6pm – 9pm

Jonathan Levine Gallery
529 West 20th St.
New York, NY 10011


Prada Spring
One of his many Fables covers



-C

No comments:

Post a Comment