Saturday, January 3, 2009

Vicki's Mom Has Got It Going On

Wearing the Pied a Terre thigh high boots that I just got from Mrs. Shiah.  Fifth Avenue Shoe Repair top, Burfitt high waisted skirt, tights from Paris, and necklace from the district.

Once in awhile, I get a call from my best friend Vicki, telling me that her Mom is cleaning out her closet.  Mrs. Shiah is probably one of the best dressed women I've ever met, with a closet that has taken over two of her children's former bedrooms.  She once even told me that she wouldn't buy Marc Jacobs shoes because the house is too young and they don't know how to make leather goods properly (I must admit, his fit was a bit wonky for the first few years).  She prefers Chanel, Hermes, Prada and Dior, Anna Wintour style, but with a little more flair. 

Anyway, Mrs. Shiah's trash would be any woman's treasure, and when she dispenses of her designer shoes, which neither of her daughters can fit into, I have been very lucky to walk off with some major heels (as well as some other amazing articles of clothing).  I went over last night for dinner with Vicki before she heads back up to Harvard, and also got to go through three garbage bags filled with castoffs.  Since I am already drowning in shoes of my own, I was very selective, skipping on some sparkly silver vintage Gucci heels, Fendi sandals, and pink Christian Lacroix party shoes, in favor of some practical, low heeled numbers.  I fell in love with a pair of thigh high suede Pied a Terre boots, which are perfect for walking around in the winter months.  I've actually been looking for a nice pair of over the knee boots, and am not willing to splurge on Stella McCartney's, so this was a perfect find.  I also picked out a pair of low heeled Chanel boots, and a pair of kitten-heel Chanel slippers, both of which are super comfortable and good for walking around in.  Even though I have a dearth of party shoes, I live in my Rachel Comey flat boots, so it will be nice to have some variety for everyday wear.

Chanel boots and slippers: my new walking shoes!
-Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment