Tuesday, January 20, 2009

My Latest Knit Obsession: Coven Fall 2009

A long wooly sweater adorned with swag from the Coven Fall 2009 show.

It's always Fashion Week somewhere in the world.  Hong Kong and Rio just wrapped up their fashion weeks, and I just got to take a look at pictures from the Coven Fall 2009 collection which showed in Rio.  Coven is one of my favorite labels that we represent at Fiftytwo Showroom, but since they're Brazil based, we don't get to go to their Fashion Shows.  This season featured a lot of the big runway trends: bodycon shapes and silhouettes, bandage style dresses, and their signature knits.

Personally, I am obsessed with the sweaters that they produce, and for Fall 2009 they made huge fluffy sweaters dripping with crystal swags and jewels.  As those of you who read this blog know, I'm pretty obsessed with DIY knits, and let me tell you, I've had many good up close and personals with the Coven sweaters at the showroom and know that I can't do any of them at home.  They're knit on a machine with a heavy dose of hand embellishment afterwards, something that I have no patience for.  I picked up a frothing black sweater from the Fall 2008 collection, which is practically spitting knit balls, bugle-bead covered polka-dots, and giant shoulder pads.  Christina became similarly obsessed as soon as she saw them, and also ended up getting a long burgundy version for Christmas.  Both pieces were original runway samples that never made it to production.  I can't wait to see (and touch! and play with!) the Fall 09 collection when it gets in, and hope that maybe I will get to order a fluffy sweater for myself when the season is over...

These pictures are just some of my favorites, but you can see most of the collection here




My Coven sweater from the Fall 2008 collection.

-Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment