Sunday, March 13, 2011

We Pray For Japan

Owl mullet dress courtesy of Leila Shams, Mango tank top, corduroy leggings courtesy of HUE, shoes courtesy of 80%20, Henrik Vibskov bag, Devaki hat, Slow and Steady Wins the Race sunglasses, Triskaidekaphobia tooth necklace.

So this post actually has nothing to do with my outfit today. This afternoon I had lunch with my brother, who was supposed to fly out to Japan this weekend, but obviously canceled the trip after the recent earthquake. I'm so thankful that he wasn't in the country at the time, and my thoughts have been overwhelmed with the devastation going on in the aftermath of the disaster. I have a bunch of relatives and several friends in Tokyo, and I was incredibly grateful to hear that they are all okay, although completely shaken, and I'm still very worried hearing about the ongoing aftershocks and of course, the nuclear power plant crisis.

I know it seems like we can't do very much from so far away, but here are two quick and easy ways to donate a little money to help out with the earthquake relief, if you feel so inclined. First, Groupon is taking donations for $5, $10, and $25 to the International Medical Corps for providing emergency relief in Japan. Second, Lady Gaga is selling We Pray For Japan wristbands for a donation of $5 or more on her website. All of the proceeds go directly to Japan relief efforts. There are plenty of other ways to donate, and even if the amount you can give is small, I am sure every last bit counts.



-Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment