Monday, March 28, 2011

She Came From Outer Space


While I sadly did not get to make it out to Stockholm for Fashion Week in January, Stockholm is slowly making its way to me via my gorgeous friends at W29 Showroom, who are always the best resource for Scandinavian fashion in New York. Rodebjer is one of my all-time favorites, and every time I think our friend Carin Rodebjer has designed her best collection yet, she manages to one-up herself. I was bowled over by her Fisher's Island inspired collection last season, and for fall, she's completely changed directions and gone for a spaced-out, seventies-vibe, inspired in part by the strong, cool ladies of that era, including Charlotte Rampling and Nico. The collection also seems to channel Ziggy Stardust era David Bowie, with whopping doses of future-infused glam. In recent collections, Rodebjer has expanded on her range of colors and prints, and this season she's introduced a rainbow hued galaxy print, as well as some shockingly bright metallic leather accessories, which are somehow completely chic and not at all tacky. I'm totally obsessed with the pink metallic heels and the silver boots, which add just the right amount of dazzle to any outfit. I was kicking myself for not ordering anything for spring, but I'll make sure not to make the same mistake this time around.








-Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment