Thursday, March 10, 2011

The problem of leisure...What to do for pleasure?

Pleasure Doing Business dress, Topshop fringe jacket, origami wrap top courtesy of Lilla P, Jameson leggings, headband courtesy of Mike Gonzales, Triskaidekaphobia necklace.

A little while back, I wrote about Pleasure Doing Business, and at the Blue Stripe PR event last month, I got a chance to take a good look at the pieces in person. They're even more tempting up close, and the skin-tight elastic skirts and dresses come in dozens of smart color-combinations. I wasn't sure how they would fit, but the lovely ladies at Blue Stripe let me borrow a couple of pieces to wear during fashion week, so I got to give them a little test run. I was initially a little scared to try such form-fitting dresses, as some bodyshaping attire can have the undesirable result of redistributing your fat to create unsightly bulges, but the Pleasure Doing Business dresses and skirts do have the wonderful effect of sucking everything in, in an ever so discreet manner. I mean, you don't want to announce to the whole world that you're wearing control-top underwear, and the magical elastic dresses essentially do the same job without the embarrassing grandma-panties feeling. They're actually so much chicer that they don't really deserve the comparison, and I loved the pink and gray dress I borrowed so much, I ended up painting my nails to match. Here are some of my other favorite pieces from the spring collection.

DIY French manicure using a kit a bought at Urban Outfitters, Triskaidekaphobia buckle ring




-Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment