Sunday, November 22, 2009

Heart of Darkness


Last week, I stopped by Agentur V to take a peek at the Spring 2010 collections. One of the most immediately captivating lines was Misomber Nuan, based out of Berlin. Although the drapey clothing looked deceptively like women's wear on the hangers, a quick flip through the lookbook made it clear that the collection was meant for men. Not the waifish androgynous types, but strong, brooding men, of the Ernest Hemingway variety. Amongst the abstract sources of inspiration, the image of a shipbuilder hauling loads of twisted steel is referenced, and one imagines this hulking man shrouded in various layers of Misomber Nuan. Although I don't know many muscle men myself, I do know plenty of svelte lads who would still love to swath themselves in these precisely crafted and constructed clothes. In fact, the dim photographs of the lookbook model almost appears to be my friend Chris, of Violet Hour. Listen up boys (you know who you are!), I think I just found your new favorite designer.





-Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment