Thursday, November 5, 2009

Desperately Seeking The Suzan


I know I've always been terrible about alerting you all to all the live performances that happen at our TriBeCa Grand parties, as I myself often don't know until I get there (I know, super-flaky). That's why I was sitting at my table a month ago when I went to check and see who was covering Young Love, only to find that it was actually...Young Love. I do seriously apologize though, since we've had some amazing shows recently, including Jessica 6, the new band headed by Nomi of Hercules and Love Affair.

This Saturday we're having another special guest performance from The Suzan, an incredibly catchy all-girl dance-punk group from Japan, who were recently discovered by Bjorn Yttling of Peter Bjorn & John. Just looking at their videos, I've already fallen for the deadly combination of their slightly deranged Harajuku styling and their sassy ESG-style sound. In fact, I expect a U.S. invasion along the lines of Ladies and Gentlemen: The Fabulous Stains, since they harness that same rebel girl energy. Expect to see me front row, dressed in my groupie-best.





"You Know Nothing"

-Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment