Friday, November 13, 2009

Haute Kotyr

Noir et Blanc cape dress

While Jimmy and I sadly won't be returning to Stockholm for Christmas this year, we won't be missing the chilly climates and non-existent sunlight (we're going to San Francisco and Hawaii instead, ha!). Nonetheless, I will certainly be missing the shopping, especially since sale season will be in full swing. I've contented myself with the fact that many of my favorite Swedish designers and stores have excellent online boutiques, which is the best substitute for the real thing. That's why I was particularly ecstatic when I discovered Kotyr, a webshop entirely dedicated to new and under the radar Scandinavian designers. While they stock a couple of my favorites like Nakkna and Noir et Blanc, they also carry a wide range of designers I've never heard of before, and haven't seen stocked anywhere else. The stock isn't quite as directional as most young boutiques, and instead it feels a little like an indie department store with something for everybody: you, your mom, and maybe even your grandmother too. The one common focus is on luxury, quality, and unique and inspirational design. While the site is entirely in Swedish (run it through a translator), they do ship worldwide. Here are a couple of pieces that I'm eyeing.

Camilla Wellton Kimono Coat

Soddu dress

Camilla Wellton Urban Elfin Coat

Hanna af Ekstrom rope necklace
-Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment