Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Street Flash


Earlier today, I was emailed about a new street style web site based out of Moscow, Slickwalk. In the past year the number of street style sites that have popped up across the globe have become overwhelming, and like everything on the internet, is reaching a saturation point. I stick to following my two favorites, Facehunter and Stockholm Street Style, but feel a little too lazy to sort through the rest. I do not say this to discourage future bloggers/photographers, because there is always room for more, and the best sites will always rise to the forefront.

As soon as I saw the pictures on Slickwalk, I was immediately captivated by the images, which are taken with much more artistry than your standard outfit shot. I love the contrast of the focus of the individual in the foreground against the blur of the scenery behind them. I love how most of the poses look natural, and almost contemplative. And most simply, having never set foot in Moscow or any part of Russia, I enjoy seeing the unique style of women and men halfway around the globe, and the subtle series of sartorial universalities and differences. Then again, that's part of the appeal of any street style site, I suppose.





-Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment