Sunday, March 22, 2009

Black and White

Coven sweater, Monki convertible dress worn backwards, 66Sick striped skirt, American Apparel stockings, Marni shoes, Vintage belt, Antti Asplund necklaces, Iosselliani and Gerard Yosca rings.

This past week has been all about spring cleaning, and I've been doing a major wardrobe overhaul, taking bags of stuff to resale stores and Housing Works Thrift shop, while setting aside a pile of goodies to sell online.  In the process, I realized that I don't even wear 90% of the things I already own. Yesterday I found this convertible Monki shirt/dress that I bought the first time I visited Jimmy in Stockholm two years ago, and haven't worn in over a year.  Now that I've pulled it out of oblivion, it almost looks new again.  It's obvious that I've gotten into the very bad habit of buying new things, wearing them nonstop for a month or so, getting sick of them, and then burying said item in my closet until I forget it, then repeating that cycle.  Seeing as I am again, very broke, I realize I need to curb my ridiculous habit, and really take advantage of what I already have.  After finding the shirt yesterday, I put together this black and white outfit for our TriBeCa Grand party, half of which is composed of items I haven't worn in eons.

-Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment