Friday, February 4, 2011

A Tale of Two Gators


Earlier this week, I got a chance to take a peek at the new Lacoste and Catherine Malandrino collaboration. The Lacoste x Malandrino collection is meant to be a meeting of two French brands, fusing the masculine sportif aspects of Lacoste with the distinctly feminine aesthetic of Malandrino. Like most American women, I'm somewhat fascinated by how French women put themselves together: always effortlessly chic, feminine but never frilly. It's a look that I myself could never master, being the general mess that I am (I guess I could start by brushing my hair once in a while), but one that I can definitely appreciate, and I think the collection embodies this pared-down perfection. My favorite pieces by far are the pointelle polo dresses, which look like they were designed for Daisy Buchanan of The Great Gatsby.







-Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment