Sunday, February 27, 2011

Citizen of the World

Stine Goya blanket coat and sweater, Blumarine skirt, French and English Confectioner's patent leather backpack, Dieppa Restrepo brogues, scarf courtesy of Wood Wood, sunglasses courtesy of Urban Outfitters, vintage turban, H&M tights, necklace courtesy of Ben Amun, Triskaidekaphobia ring.

I know I've already written plenty about the Around the World collections, and the event we DJ'd last week at Urban Outfitters, but I genuinely cannot get enough of it. I have been a longtime fan and supporter of many of the Scandinavian designers involved, and am so happy to have them at arms reach rather than an ocean away that I've started making compulsive visits to the store to see if new stuff has come in (yes, I am a freak and I need to get a life). As I mentioned earlier, I was lucky enough to score the Stine Goya blanket coat that I had been eying all winter at a serious discount during the party, and it's been perfect for the recent round of mild weather we've been having in New York. Now that the spring collections are making their way into the stores, I have my eye on a whole new lot of goods. The U.O. team really outdid themselves putting together the lookbooks, hiring emerging photographers from all across the globe to shoot each of the different designers involved, as well as commissioning infamous director and artist Harmony Korine to shoot the Spring Preview. In some shots, the clothes are a little difficult to make out, but you can get a general idea. I know that our friend Carin Rodebjer's confetti printed pants are on the top of my wishlist!


The Local Firm photographed by Tania Shcheglova and Roman Noven

YMC dress photographed by Zhang Jungang & Li Jie

Rodebjer cape photographed by Charlie Engman

Rodebjer top photographed by Harmony Korine

Rodebjer pants photographed by Harmony Korine

Minimarket dress photographed by Harmony Korine.
-Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment