Wednesday, February 23, 2011

New Classics

The perfect classic camel coat at Porter Grey

Classic is one of the last words I would use to describe my personal style. Nonetheless the constant stream of unending fashion images has dulled my senses quite a bit, and the flurry of new information has made me crave something more digestible. I'm not going to lie and pretend that I am immune to trends, but there's a point where you just want to tune out all the noise and chatter about what you will be wearing next season, and think about pieces you want to wear every season. I personally have a closet stuffed with party dresses with very little in the way of practical things to wear, and generally eschew "basics." At the shows I came across plenty of updated classics with a twist, pieces that go with everything, but are hardly your basic "basics." Here are some of my favorites from Porter Grey, Jonathan Simkhai, and Kimberly Taylor.

Moto jacket and LBD at Porter Grey

One of my favorite pieces from Jonathan Simkhai: a patchworking of houndstooth and plaids makes for one of the coolest varsity jackets I've ever seen.

I can never get enough of big cozy knits and sweaters, I especially love this one from Jonathan Simkhai

A plain black tee, but in leather, at Jonathan Simkhai

Leather trim updates the white button down shirt at Jonathan Simkhai

Boy meets girl at Kimberly Taylor
-Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment