Monday, February 14, 2011

Gibson Girl Grunge


For Fall, Suzanne Rae went with a Victorian gone grunge theme, picking up on the love for the 90's that has rallied on ever since it got far-enough-away to become nostalgic. It always makes me feel rather old catching the references to a past era that I lived through and still remember quite well, and I can't help get a little sentimental. Many of the looks felt like fresh takes on the styles of my youth, mixing the maxi-skirts and beanies of before, with more contemporary billowing draping and asymmetrical cuts. Another development from 90's fashion: Suzanne's eco-friendly use of dead stock fabrics mixed with sustainable hemp and natural silks, innovations that we weren't very concerned with fifteen years ago. There was definitely a lot to love about the collection, and I would wear the pieces without ever feeling like I was stuck in the past. Take a peek, and listen to the clip from Mother Feather, who performed during the presentation, for the full effect!















Mother Feather- Trampoline
-Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment