Wednesday, January 5, 2011

New Year, New DIY

DIY Rodarte-inspired cardigan, Six Six Sick ribbon top and ruff collar, hand-me-down vintage skirt from my mom, Triskaidekaphobia Necklace, H&M socks

I'm not one to make New Year's resolutions, but I figure that maybe if I write one down here, there will be a greater chance that I actually make good on it. I only have one resolution, that encompasses all the areas of my life. In 2011, I hope to be more proactive about getting things done, whether it's meeting deadlines, returning emails, invoicing clients, or just cleaning my house. I also want to make sure I finish all the projects I get started on, whether it's jewelry, blog, or DIY related. I am a master procrastinator, and even though I have the best intentions, I only end up completing half of what I set out to do.

I've started by getting my first DIY of the year done as quickly as possible. Since I always need more sweaters, I knit myself this Rodarte-inspired cardigan during the Christmas/New Year holidays. It only took me about a week, and involved watching plenty of good movies (Exit Through The Gift Shop, I'm Still Here, Toy Story 3) and bad TV (not telling). Although it's loose-knit, it's surprisingly warm. I plan to do a lot more knitting in the next few months (more scarves and cowls are definitely needed), so hopefully I will keep up the momentum to get them all done before the end of winter!






-Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment