Friday, January 21, 2011

Gone Upstate


The onslaught of snow that we've been getting in New York over the past month looks beautiful, but it sure is a mess to walk around in. Every step is a precarious balancing act, and I live in fear of slipping and falling into the semi-toxic looking sludge pools accumulating at every street corner. I think every New Yorker is counting down the days until Spring, and taking a peek at Upstate's Spring lookbook makes me even more desperate for warmer months. Designed by my new friends Kalen and Astrid, the scarf, sarong, and specialty textile line is all hand dyed in Brooklyn using the Japanese technique of Shibori. Each piece is unique, and can be worn and styled in a multitude of ways. January might not be the right season for sarongs, but I wouldn't mind wrapping one of those gigantic shawls around me while it's still cold out. You can find Upstate at taste-making boutiques like Ten Over Six and International Playground. We'll also be hosting a party for Upstate and Chromat on February 3rd at Anchor Bar, so stay tuned for details!




-Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment