Sunday, January 2, 2011

What a Pleasure


After the holidays, I'm hoping that all of you are feeling a little more flush than before. I have a little bit of Christmas cash to use for my Discretionary Fund for Warm Things, and have adopted the not very admirable habit of internet stalking objects of my desire, waiting for them to succumb to further price-reductions. On my daily rounds of checking in on the Urban Outfitters Around the World collections, I came across Pleasure Doing Business. Launched in Spring 2009, the collection appears to consist mainly of elastic band skirts and bustier tops inspired by Herve Leger, and while there are a few standout pieces, many of the previous collections lacked cohesion. Therefore it's refreshing to see that designer Simone Gonzalez has moved beyond the bodycon dresses, and created a Spring collection that is both quirky and cute without being too overtly sexy. The tiered dresses are quite femme (and made out of that same elastic of previous seasons), but the soft color pallet still lend them some sophistication. A lovely step in the right direction.





-Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment