Thursday, January 20, 2011

Around and Around

DIY knit sweater, vintage Gunne Sax dress that I adjusted myself, Marc Jacobs heels, Devaki hat, H&M tights, Triskaidekaphobia necklace and earring. All photographs by David Carlo.

Yesterday night, I had the pleasure of hosting a party at vintage mecca, What Goes Around Comes Around, with Elizabeth of White Lightning, and Leandra of The Man Repeller. I dressed in vintage for the occasion, wearing a 70's prairie revival dress by Gunne Sax that I had picked up after scouring eBay. Leandra directed the photographer to take a picture of me, and explained,"I'm going to write about Chronic Man Repellers" and then aside, "I hope that's not offensive." Thankfully I'm married, so I no longer care about grossly offending the opposite sex (not that I cared much before I was married either), and I am always happy to be surrounded by my own kind (you can see the list of fellow Man Repellers here). As you know, female fashion freaks/repellers tend to attract fellow repellers, and I definitely thought there were plenty of stunning looks in the house.

Anyway, thank you to everyone who stopped by last night and had a drink with me. I know I had a few too many, cause I ended up having nightmares about being attacked by the ghosts of invisible jellyfish, which seeped through the walls and could only be seen under black light. If you didn't make it, you should swing by the store soon (351 West Broadway), as all of the fall collection is on sale for 70% off!

The lovely ladies of WGACA


Elizabeth from White Lightning, and Gerard from WGACA, and myself. I ended up taking home this plaid asymmetrical jacket from the WGACA in house label, along with a few other vintage goodies.

Leandra, aka The Man Repeller

Just a few of the amazing women behind Stylelikeu.
-Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment