Sunday, August 9, 2009

Obsessed with Ostwald Helgason

Ostwald Helgason leggings, Topshop tunic, H&M band jacket, Proenza Schouler studded heels, Arms and Armory necklace, mismatched vintage earrings

I've been obsessed with Ostwald Helgason's Spring 09 collection since it hit the floor of Opening Ceremony, and when I heard that it was on sale (you must visit if you haven't already---70% off!), I immediately ran downtown to the store hoping to score one of their insane pieces. Designed by Susanne Ostwald and Ingvar Helgason, the line focuses on narrative prints and a vivid color palette, which form the foundation of their well tailored garments. The spring collection was inspired by the Ballet Russe and Russian wedding poems, and the print that I fell in love with featured plenty of Russian nesting dolls peeping out of a crazy geometric patchwork of contrasting textile patterns. I picked out the leggings, even though I would have loved to own every single other piece if I could afford it. Anyway, I can't wait to see their Fall collection in person, which they describe as "a walk through a dystopian city of the future at night, with flashes of colour offset by washed out blacks, beige and misty blues." Sounds dreamy, and I'm already salivating over the lookbook pictures.

A close up of the Russian doll print

Fall 09

Fall 09

Fall 09
-Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment