Friday, August 7, 2009

Another Diamond Day

Maison Martin Margiela diamond tube top, BDG nude dress, Tara Subkoff for Easy Spirit nude wedges, sheer gloves from the district

When Ginny, the human ray of sunshine, invited me to the Margiela friends and family sale last week, I knew exactly what I wanted: the gigantic diamond tube top that skulked across the runway like it had magically sprouted a pair of human legs. Somehow, I was lucky enough to snatch it up for a very reasonable 75% off. Nobody else apparently was interested in dressing up as an oversized jewel, and my purchase even prompted the staid Margiela saleswomen to curiously inquire where exactly I planned on wearing such an absurd looking garment. I replied, somewhat flustered, "I work in nightlife," as if that were a proper explanation, before hurrying off.

Nonetheless, I was given the perfect opportunity to wear my diamond that very weekend. Allegra and Michael from LaViola Bank called to let me know their friend Saam Farahmand was filming a video project at their gallery featuring people dancing to their favorite songs. Saam, who has directed videos for The Klaxons, Janet Jackson, and Alexander McQueen, filmed dozens of people in London doing their dances, and then VJ'd the resulting video clips at a party. I chose to dance to Yelle's "Qui Est Cette Fille" (a cover of Robyn's "Who's That Girl") wearing the above outfit. Saam VJ'd the videos at B.East on Tuesday, but I pathetically slept through the whole affair, so I don't even know how foolish I looked (although I can imagine pretty well). I guess it is best to remain blissfully ignorant, but I thought I would share this video that Saam shot for Alexander McQueen's Puma collection, since it is probably much more pleasant to watch anyway.


-Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment