Monday, August 10, 2009

Dreamweaver

I love this knit hood from Fall 09, which looks like a patchwork of chainmail and fabric

If you thought my thing for Rodarte knitting was over, you're mistaken. I might have the attention span of a gnat, but almost a year after seeing their first round of knits, I remain fixated on their collections, which recently arrived at Opening Ceremony for me to poke and prod in person. It really is no surprise then that I've become pretty infatuated with CorrellCorell, a line of similarly complex knit pieces and geometric tees designed by a pair of German twin sisters named Daphne and Vera. Their Fall 09 lookbook pictures feature plenty of cobwebby knits, in the form of lacy gloves, leggings, and even some slightly medieval looking hoods. Perfect for fall, and definitely inspiration for a second round of DIY-ing, especially now that I've found another big bag of my old yarns from my days as a knitwear designer.

More knit leggings

Spiderwebby gloves

A geometric tee from 2007. Some of them are available at Ooga Booga.
-Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment