Sunday, May 23, 2010

Cut-Cut-Cut-It-Out

Cut-It-Out dress, Tintoretta socks, Vivienne Westwood x Melissa heels, Slow and Steady Wins the Race sunglasses, Forever 21 headband, Gerard Yosca jewel cuff, Triskaidekaphobia friendship necklace, Iosselliani ring

Last month, I wrote about the opening of one of my new favorite boutique, International Playground. Amongst the excellent selection of designers, I was pleased to find Yelena Konovalova's playful line, Cut-It-Out, which I haven't seen sold anywhere else in New York. The clothes are mostly jersey and sweatshirt pieces adorned with bold multicolor prints and cheery patterns inspired by paper cut-outs (hence the name). I love the sense of fun built into the pieces, and they immediately reminded me of my childhood Lisa Frank obsession (children of the 80's, must remember this name--Christina and I were both members of the fanclub). I ended up picking out this dress, which is so sugary sweet it will give you a toothache, and makes me completely forget that I'm a full-grown adult.

-Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment